I’ve been excited with this free eguide from Max and Marlen Limpag who painstakingly put this together with partners Smart, Ayala Center, the Department of Tourism, the Cebu City LGU and the Sinulog Foundation.
It is the first time that this kind of ebook has been done for the Sinulog, actually, one of three projects planned.
This electronic guide is available in several areas in Cebu: Mactan International Airport, select hotels, Ayala Center, Sinulog Foundation office and at MyCebu.ph. This can be downloaded via QR code scanning or direct from website.
But what does this eguide contain? Are the information here useful to the tourist and traveler?
Content wise, the eguide has the following:
- About the Sinulog including a short history
- a short article regarding this year’s Sinulog theme
- schedule of activities
- a short article about the solemn as well as the festive sides of the Sinulog complete with the processional route map as well as one for the grand parade
- highlighting prominent areas
- Sinulog highlights like the Fluvial procession and the Festival Queen competition plus other important events
- This is then followed by a series of pages that are quite important with tourists and travelers:
- Places to stay catering to different budgets from hostels to high end hotels including telephone numbers, even rates, address and grouped per area within the the festival route or not
- a short article on the shelter exclusively for pilgrims who can’t afford accommodations
- where to dine including the different options at Ayala Center as well as where to go for different national cuisines (Italian, German, etc.) complete with addresses and contact numbers
- a Cebuano phrase book
- useful contact numbers for emergency, tourist assistance, Sinulog related concerns, even the different consulates located in Cebu that are very important for foreigners
Its actually quit exhaustive and informative. However, just a few comments:
- the eguide is text heavy. A few more photos would have been better to really set the Sinulog mood. (there are plans to have a separate photo ebook, by the way)
- because this is Ipad/Android tablet/smartphone friendly, internet addresses, where applicable, of those listed should have been included especially for the restaurants and hotels
- for this review, I was using an .epub reader for Mozilla Firefox and it really doesn’t give you an idea how it is laid out in tablets due to its fluid layout nature. However, browsing from the Ipad when it was shown to me, I would just like to say that this will benefit with a better layout and other minimal artistic details.
I should note that the authors made this eguide for easy reading with an Ipad. The beauty of this also is that information can be updated on the fly and posted immediately. Do download this eguide at the website (link provided above) or via QR code scanning in select areas in Cebu.
Choose one of the cheap Car hire companies in South Africa. You will not find a better place in the world for big game. Besides its renowned national parks, South Africa boasts a range of private reserves, all offering excellent wildlife and bird watching.