It’s October and that only means one thing: OCTOBERFEST!!!
But will you just go to any Octoberfest celebration in the country, especially in Metro Manila? Of course, no! Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila and the German Club (founded 1906 in Manila) will be hosting the 76th Octoberfest and it will be one fun filled event that you should not forget!
If last year’s two day event is any indication, just think about the numbers:
- 31,200 Maß beer (traditional one liter mug) consumed in a span of 2 days during Oktoberfest 2013
- 4,000 – Number of people that came
- 1,000kgs of German sausages consumed (Ring Bratwurst, Cheese Sausage, Cervelat Sausages, MünchnerWeisswurst, Münchner Bratwurst and Hungarian sausages)
- 260 kgs of Pork knuckles consumed in a span of 2 days 200 kgs of Sauerkraut consumed
- 76 – years of existence of Oktoberfest and the German Club in the Philippines (since 1906)
- 4 – Years that Oktoberfest is held at the Sofitel Philippine Plaza
Not only that, Hofbraühaus Band, the band from Bavaria’s oldest brewery will especially perform for the event. Lissie, an internationally acclaimed yodeller is also coming to town. With these, Sofitel Manila chefs will be whipping up original Octoberfest food like obatzda, a Bavarian cheese delicacy; bratwurst, weisswurst, sauerkraut and many other German dishes.
This is the most authentic Octoberfest celebration that you can have in the Philippines. You not only enjoy this event but proceeds also support the German Clubs charitable works. Check out below for details about the tickets.
The 76th Octoberfest
Harbor Garden Tent
Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila
17-18 October 2014
Tickets start from Php 3,300.00(non members rate) and Php 3,200.00 ( members rate) with a discounted rate of Php 3,250 for groups starting from 20-40 people.
For inquiries, please call the German Club Manila at (632) 818.4236 (for entry and raffle tickets) or Sofitel Philippine Plaza at (632) 832.6988 and (632) 551.5555 ext. 6988 (for room reservation), or email firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com.