Bus travel

Long bus rides are bliss

I like hopping on a bus and travel far. Enroute to Cagayan de Oro from Malaybalay and passing the Kaamulan landmark in Impasug-ong

I like long bus rides. No. I LOVE long bus rides. Alone. I love the solitude and anonymity. I don’t complain of the butt numbing experience. But all I care about is having the time to think. And ponder. And reflect. Of planning the future. Or reminiscing past loves and memories.

I like feeling the smoothness or bumpiness of a road or highway. The vibrations traveling from the tires to the engines, to the bus’s body and to the seat. The sight of the landscape zooming past you for hundreds of kilometers. Cities, towns. Buildings and structures. Trees and farms.

I like the stops and more stops. Stops for additional passengers or stops for alighting passengers. Meal stops at overpriced eateries. The smell and flavor of munch food sold by ambulant vendors. The different tongues spoken and heard. Different topographies and vistas.

1. Arlene
    June 3, 2013 @ 19:46

I can relate on the reasons on why i love long bus rides…alone!

Safe trip to Zamboanga, Estan!

2. estancabigas
    June 3, 2013 @ 19:48

Thanx Arlene! 🙂

3. Micole l Philippine Traveler
    June 10, 2013 @ 11:22

I always love the part when you get to see different people and hear different dialects and of course the stops. Even if it may be a long way, it helps me think that I’m always moving forward. =)

PS: Sir Estan, natawa naman ako sa “Or reminiscing past loves and memories.” parang may laman.. hehehe Safe Travels!

4. estancabigas
    June 14, 2013 @ 9:51

Micole, hahaha. Yeah 🙂

5. Jherson Jaya
    July 21, 2013 @ 12:16

I always want to travel on long bus rides. Preferrably alone. It gives me peace of mind. It gives me space. But most of all, I like sense of traveling to somewhere. Far. Faceless. Nameless. – these words are true to me… now i want to travel alone in the bus. I remember there were times that i will take the bus here in our place (fairview) all the way yo makati or alabang just to think and celebrate solitude. 😉

6. estancabigas
    July 21, 2013 @ 16:07

Jherson, celebrate solitude! I like that!

7. Dispatch: The long road to Cagayan de Oro » langyaw
    December 1, 2013 @ 7:28

[…] really, I’m not complaining. As I’ve written before in several posts, like this one, and this one, I like, no, I love long bus rides. It affords me to think and this day’s […]