flower_island

Glimpse of Flower Island

Fine white sand, emerald and just clean waters and a refreshing stay at this beautiful island.

Jewelmer invited me to visit Flower Island together with two other bloggers and two Japanese journalists for a beautiful getaway in Palawan’s northern seas. I just miss this place. Flower Island, a beautiful resort place a few hours from the coastal town of Taytay in northern Palawan was just unforgettable despite the rough seas and huge waves that seemed to test our mettle.

But I took it gamely and just enjoying the occasional sea sprays and considered the wave riding as another adventure. Flower Island was a beautiful escape from the chaos of Metro Manila. From the sapping humidity of the megalopolis. Instead, I just had the time of my life enjoying this unexpected downtime, with the sea and island almost all to yourself.

I want another vacation like this. Like Cibang Cove in Calayan Island, the Babuyanes.

The Flower Island escapade is an upcoming series. Watch for it soon.

1. journeyingjames
    May 29, 2011 @ 8:58

first photo palang, na-engganyo na akong pumunta dito.
    another series to look forward too! astig ka talga bai

May 29, 2011 @ 9:10

@james, peek pa lang yan. i still have to finish La Union and Pangasinan. hehehe

3. lakwatsera de primera
    May 29, 2011 @ 9:15

Ang ganda sobra! It makes me wanna cry right now, with temperature getting colder and colder as we approach winter here. (lamigin kasi)

May 29, 2011 @ 9:22

@claire, yup, maganda talaga dito and kakaunti lang ang tao. you can even have it all to yourself 🙂

5. Batang Lakwatsero
    May 29, 2011 @ 9:39

ang gondo!

6. Jonna, The BRATpacker
    May 29, 2011 @ 9:41

Beautiful photo! A good book, an iPod and my Mac and I can stay there forever 🙂

7. neldeleon
    May 29, 2011 @ 14:42

Sneak peeks are exciting. 😀 I would love to have my own island someday. Ha!

8. Chris
    June 1, 2011 @ 16:19

An old co-worker of mine was forever on me to take a vacation to Palawan rather than the more obvious choice of Borocay. This photo only added further credence to his claim. Looks gorgeous.

June 1, 2011 @ 16:41

@nel, i think you can buy some islands off palawan 🙂

@chris, forget boracay. its chaotic and over rated. 🙂

10. » Ang Langyaw is Jewelmer Pearl Ambassador | Langyaw: Sojourns and Off-the-Beaten Path Travels
    June 16, 2011 @ 11:31

[…] have visited Jewelmer’s pearl farm in northern Palawan with Flower Island as our base, and has been witness to how these beautiful gems thrive and the great difficulty in […]

11. » Cibang Cove, a glimpse of heaven | Langyaw: Sojourns and Off-the-Beaten Path Travels
    June 21, 2011 @ 14:23

[…] Calayan Is. in red Finally, I’ve set foot in one of the country’s hidden gems. I was on assignment in Calayan Island in the Babuyanes and in between, I got to enjoy this piece of paradise in this part of the Philippines. Though it was just a few days, it was very memorable. I’m planning a longer trip later this year. It was the best beach place I’ve been to. Better than Boracay, not in terms of sand but the pure delight I had in plunging and bathing into its crystal clear waters that we just had to ourselves. Even better than Flower Island. […]

12. renante
    July 23, 2011 @ 15:31

looking forward to visit Palawan again… looking at this photo makes me wonder, kailan kaya ulit….I just miss the place. Thanks estan..bilib jud ko nimo bai.

July 23, 2011 @ 15:51

@renante, welcome 🙂

14. reagan joseph villanueva
    September 29, 2011 @ 12:46

Nice..unta naay freshwater sa area pra mka visit pud ko..

15. » Top 10 reasons why 2011 is my travel year | Langyaw: Sojourns and Off-the-Beaten Path Travels
    January 1, 2012 @ 12:43

[…] visit to their pearl farm in Palawan this year was an eye opener. Despite located in a remote and pristine area, the effects of global […]