Agutaya Beach

Unspoilt white sand beach in Agutaya

Its a remote yet unspoilt beaches that only a few have seen or been to

It’s a remote yet unspoilt beache that only a few have seen or been to

So far, so remote, Agutaya is right smack in the middle of the north Sulu Sea. It’s actually a municipality with a collection of islets sprinkled between Panay and the Calamianes in northern Palawan. But its the abode of the Agutaynons who have a distinct language and it is where one of the world’s most exclusive resorts is found, Amanpulo.

I visited the main island where the poblacion of Agutaya was, on a whim when I spent a few days in Cuyo, supposedly just three hours away by motorized outrigger boat. But that three hours stretched to five in one of the scariest rides of my life. But that passed and when I got a better view of the town the following day, I was in awe of its beautiful white sandy beach.

The beach is unspoilt. It has white sand hugging a good stretch of the poblacion, the main town area. Although its not a contiguous white sandy shore stretching to the sea but actually looks like sandbars with depth in between enough to make it navigable for the outrigger boats when the tide is up.

A remote beach with a sandy shore and all for yourself in the middle of nowhere!

Fishermen at the shallows of Agutaya

Fishermen at the shallows of Agutaya

Seaweeds scattered in this white sandy beach

Seaweeds scattered in this white sandy beach

Agutaya town is three hours by outrigger boat (banca) from Cuyo which is another overnight boat trip either from Iloilo City or Puerto Princesa in Palawan. Travel to this town is not daily, you have to check at the small port of Cuyo for actual schedules.

1. Scary transit to Agutaya » langyaw
    March 5, 2014 @ 9:00

[…] And you just have to stop and enjoy the beach. […]

2. A few hours in Agutaya town » langyaw
    March 5, 2014 @ 9:02

[…] pumpboat where you’re at the mercy of the sun and seawater. But then, the views are stunning, beautiful beach, the air fresh and you get to ply one of the richest and pristine waters in the […]

3. Reydan Duldulao
    March 6, 2014 @ 8:43

Wow! Such a great place to explore. Might as well contact my cousin in Cuyo to visit their place this summer and include this on my trip anytime soon!

Thanks for the post Sir! 🙂

4. estancabigas
    March 6, 2014 @ 9:20

Welcome Reydan. I’m also planning of going back to Agutaya 🙂

5. Reydan Duldulao
    March 6, 2014 @ 10:42

Great! For sure you still have more places to visit there… pasabay Sir! 🙂

6. estancabigas
    March 7, 2014 @ 9:28

Reydan, sure. what’s ur plan for summer?

Estan

7. Reydan Duldulao
    March 7, 2014 @ 10:22

Planning to visit Baler or Marinduque this summer Sir 🙂 But with your post, how I wish I can visit Cuyo Islands and that will also be a great time to visit my cousin and his family there. How about you?!

8. estancabigas
    March 7, 2014 @ 10:24

pwede naman ako kahit saan. open ang sched ko. pero would want to visit cuyo sana. no concrete plans pa naman. marinduque for holy week?

9. Reydan Duldulao
    March 7, 2014 @ 11:32

Nice… Marinduque for Holy Week?! Advisable ba punta dun Sir? Di ba masyadong crowded sa port? 🙂

Cuyo is promising, lagi akong sinasabihan ng pinsan ko bumisita sa kanila. Niloloko ko nga eh, kung pwedeng sumulyap sa Amanpulo pag nasa Cuyo na hehe 🙂

10. estancabigas
    March 7, 2014 @ 21:26

crowded ang marinduque during holy week e. cuyo is great 🙂

11. 10 remote beaches in the Philippines you have not visited
    May 4, 2014 @ 8:21

[…] Read more: Unspoilt white sand beach in Agutaya […]

12. Reynaldo Aban
    August 3, 2014 @ 21:19

Yes that’s true Agutaya is a beautiful place.My name is Rey Aban raised and true bloodied Agutaynen.At age of 16 left the island till The Lord lead me to most liveable city in the world Melbourne almost three decades now.The love of island remains in me not only of what you see and wrote about it unspoilt beach but the simple way of life of the people there.

13. xenn
    August 11, 2014 @ 22:07

Been in agutaya last june..my bf is always telling me to visit agutaya (his place) because it has a 14km white sand beach, which is true hehe.. new agutaya, san vicente, palawan!

14. Cámara Oficial de Comercio de España en Filipinas 10 remote Philippine island beaches you haven’t been to - Cámara Oficial de Comercio de España en Filipinas
    March 28, 2015 @ 3:21

[…] Read more: Unspoilt white sand beach in Agutaya […]

15. Ruby Baluyot Cosico
    May 19, 2016 @ 7:15

Agutaya is my hometown…. i grew up there but left at age 16 to study in Manila. I miss Agutaya…. not only because of my happy memories of childhood with my family and relatives but because of its white and fine sandy beaches and virgin forests.

May 19, 2016 @ 21:37

I do plan to go back there and stay for a few more days. Soon.