hk_1

Hong Kong in my mind

View of Hong Kong's harbour, dusk

Colorful MTR

It’s been five years since I’ve been to Hong Kong when I got invited, actually tagged along a friend, to a Lepidoptera meet, a scientific convention on butterflies. This because I used to collect these insects way back in high school and built a sizeable collection.

This time, I’m a travel blogger and will be there because of another invitation, now from AirPhil Express for their maiden flight from Cebu – Hong Kong. That is, barring any other hitches.

I’m actually excited as I will be there for six days with two other bloggers (four but one will be going back the next day) discovering this cosmopolitan city, its architecture, food, yes, glorious food, attractions and so much more. I’ll be in tourist mode during my stay there but will really find time to know some off-the-beaten path aspect.

1. Chris
    July 25, 2011 @ 11:11

Enjoy! I’ve never been to Hong Kong but my friends who have all raved about it.

2. EDMARATION
    July 25, 2011 @ 22:54

=> Ang galing!!!!!!!!!!! May invitation ka na naman sir. Sosyal!!! Sana may mag-invite din sakin kahit Palawan lang.. hahahaha!!!!!!!!! Lookiing forward for your posts on Hong Kong foods. Excited about that!

3. Ding | Explored!
    July 26, 2011 @ 15:18

Have fun and enjoy! I love what you do!

4. fetus
    July 26, 2011 @ 21:40

i’m quite interested with what kind of martial arts they offer there. is it still the pure kung fu? is it taught by the chinese still?

5. Ontario cottage rentals
    July 26, 2011 @ 23:39

Hope i visit soon … as i only heard good and useful things about it.

6. Pinoy TraveLuxe
    July 27, 2011 @ 4:19

We plan to go here on December. can’t wait to see the concrete jungles and traditional life of Hong Kong.

July 27, 2011 @ 22:14

@lakbaydiva, fortunately, an international kung fu event is ongoing 🙂

8. adventurousfeet
    July 27, 2011 @ 22:28

nice view sir estan. makakapunta din ako ng hk in time 🙂

9. » Hong Kong Sojourn | Langyaw: Sojourns and Off-the-Beaten Path Travels
    August 2, 2011 @ 20:05

[…] about this beautiful place south of the Chinese mainland. It’s now my second time to be in Hong Kong, this time, longer and I got to explore most of the touristic places including the newest, Sky100, […]

10. » Maiden flight, Cebu – Hong Kong | Langyaw: Sojourns and Off-the-Beaten Path Travels
    August 3, 2011 @ 0:55

[…] and I was busy pouring again over my Top 10 Hong Kong guide that I bought five years ago when I first visited the area. But this is not just a vacation, unlike all inclusive holidays playa blanca. The last time I was […]